Bios upates

pep's 16:38 10 Jan 03
  pep's 16:38 10 Jan 03

I am sorry if I sound stupid but, there is an update for my laptop which is a medion / cybercom, model fid 2030 which I can download.

Is this installed automaticly? or do you have to go into the bios setup to do install it?

€dstow 16:42 10 Jan 03

- - are only for those with a death wish.

Avoid!!!

€d

DieSse 21:59 10 Jan 03

But why do you think you need a BIOS update - what problem do you have that it will solve?

Ask again, as there may be an alternative solution to your problem.

DieSse 11:58 11 Jan 03

By email - please use the HelpRoom for regular correspondence

"The laptop I bought on the 31-12-02

The update was dated 11-12-02 so I thought that the laptop would not include the this update.i,e, being in stock prior to the update being available.
The machine runs okay,but I thought it may be better to have the up todate bios."

BIOS updates are ONLY for when you have problems that the BIOS update is known to fix. The danger with BIOS updates is that if they go wrong (and they do at times) - you will probably render your system totally useless.

So you don't do them unless you know it is absolutely necessary. Which in your case, as the system runs OK, seems not to be required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…