Bios Setup

She1 23:35 02 Jul 06

I need to alter the boot up on my laptop after installing a new hard drive. I can not remember which F Key you use to take you into it. Jog my memory please!

woodchip 23:44 02 Jul 06

F1 or F2 check what it says on screen when you start comp to enter setup

woodchip 23:45 02 Jul 06

Mine had a 30gb i fitted a 60 but did not need to go into BIOS

She1 23:47 02 Jul 06

It comes up with Hard drive about to fail press F1 to ignore. Press that, I boot up fine. Checked hard drive no problems, I need to disable SMART but if I press F1 it boots up straight away (XP)

woodchip 23:53 02 Jul 06

What does it say on the screen as it's starting up. You may not be able to disable SMART as BIOS Are Peculiar to the Laptop Make. And have many of the BIOS programs hidden so you cannot geta at them. There is very little that can be changed in my Laptop BIOS

She1 23:55 02 Jul 06

It just says hard drive could fail press F1 to ignore. I then press F1 and no problems

woodchip 00:01 03 Jul 06

In windows Double click on My Computer then go to C:\ right click then tools check disc tick box to fix faults and restart computer

She1 00:30 03 Jul 06

Hi, Just tried that, no result still booted up the same

woodchip 10:17 03 Jul 06

Looks like youi need to fit a new drive before it dies

Stuartli 10:34 03 Jul 06

Try Delete on bootup (in fact the first or second screen should tell you what key to hit to go into Setup).

woodchip 10:37 03 Jul 06

If you can turn SMART off it's not going to mend you Drive. It's like take in the Bulb out when the red light will not go out, when the Alternator on the car is not working. i.e it will not be long before it STOPS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now