Bios settings

beattyben 22:34 13 Feb 04

Is there anyway that I can print off the bios settings for my PC? My PC Guru says that I should keep a record of these but I'm not sure what to do! Any suggestions?

woodchip 22:39 13 Feb 04

Well if you are Win98 and got a parallel printer you can go int BIOS and just press the Print Screen key, and it will print the settings it can see, if not the above I seem to think that I have a small program for saving and restoring the settings, let me know if you are interested and I will have a look see

beattyben 22:44 13 Feb 04

Thanks woodchip
I'm running XP and tried to use print screen but nowt happened, I resorted to using the digital camera to photograph the screen but the resutling piccy has been distorted by the flash. any suggestions would be welcome.

DieSse 22:48 13 Feb 04

The print screen key won't work in the BIOS, as there is no software loaded to enable it to work.

The camera is a good idea - persevere and I'm sure you'll get it right.

hugh-265156 22:55 13 Feb 04

use macro mode without a flash with good room lighting.should get a good enough result.

i use good old pen a paper.always works ;-)

woodchip 22:58 13 Feb 04

can I ask why you need to write the settings down

hugh-265156 23:46 13 Feb 04

i dont need to refer to any more but when i first started using my computer and was unfamiliar with the settings i made a note of bios settings and windows services on paper.

just in case i messed things up.

saved me a few times in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…