bios settings

macone 21:39 26 Oct 03

i have a second hand compaq desktop,it has a genuinelnetl inte(r) family 6 model 7 processor i need to get into bios settings,to disabble on board sound card.
got conflect with sound.
any help as i have tried every thing.

james1` 21:44 26 Oct 03

Try taping F10 thats what works for my brothers Compaq Desktop

DieSse 21:44 26 Oct 03

Usually you keep dabbing the F10 key during power up, on Compaqs.

james1` 09:03 27 Oct 03

If i remember right it doesnt exactly make it clear on the start up page you need to tap F10 to enter the Bios (it says something else).Any way thats how i got into the bios on my brothers pc.If that doesnt work im sorry i cant help you any more.Good luck JiM

Kryten 09:07 27 Oct 03

Have you checked the Compaq website to see if you need a boot floppy for the desktop model you have? I know that very old Compaq systems used to use a boot floppy to alter bios settings.

BlueMeanie 18:28 27 Oct 03

Press F10 when the cursor moves to the top right hand corner of the screen and flashes. On some compaqs however this is not available and a set of (4?) boot up disks are required from the compaq/HP web site. Best to know the model number, often on a small sticker on the right hand side of the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…