BIOS problems

Donny Brasco 11:04 27 Jul 03

My threads don't seem to be getting through !!!
need to know how to flash my bios back to where it was using the backup when it doesnt recognise my FD,HD or CD when booting.

User-312386 11:06 27 Jul 03

i dont think you need to flash bios

what o/s are you using ?

Donny Brasco 11:24 27 Jul 03

Using W2K pro, upgraded a while ago and the BIOS was 3 versions old, used @bios yesterday to flash it, now it won't boot it tells me everything is not ATAPI compatible i.e. FD,HD and CD then does a search for the DHCP which it cant find. I have a backup of my old bios settings but how do i re flash it.

Donny Brasco 11:32 27 Jul 03

Are these threads getting through???

powerless 11:33 27 Jul 03

Donny Brasco 12:42 27 Jul 03

Oh in case you were wondering this is my sons PC that i'm using til i get mine sorted

Rayuk 12:47 27 Jul 03

Did you reset bios to defaults after flashing.
After restarting you can then make adjustments as you like.

DieSse 13:28 27 Jul 03

You should try clearing the CMOS using the jumper on the motherboard. Then choose reset to defaults in the BIUOS.

If you still can't recognise the floppy, then tough luck, but it's new motherboard time - unless you want to try and source a new BIOS chip.

ellas 14:25 27 Jul 03

you could have a look here click here

Donny Brasco 20:52 27 Jul 03

I'm writing this from my own system. only one problem remains theres no FD, i've managed to play aroung with the cmos to get this working, device settings says everythings O.K. but on boot it tells me that theres no FD, i've switched cables, FDs but it wont have it, prob something to do with the cmos settings, if not i'll try and reflash. which obviously i'm a bit dubious about now. any suggestions????

woodchip 21:33 27 Jul 03

check the cmos setting to see that you have chosen 1.44 floppy and that it is enabled you may have to check more than one page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…