BIOS Post Messages

AlanHo 06:21 31 May 10

I have a sneaky feeling this is a dumb question - but I will ask it anyway.

When I boot my computer I get an initial message that says "Press Tab to see Post messages" or something similar.

If I press Tab the post messages become visible - but race down the screen too fast for me to read them.

Is there a way to either slow it down - or even better - be able to see them one page after another?

Mobo ASUS P5QL-E
CPU Intel Q9650

gazzaho 06:35 31 May 10

The pause break key above the page up page down keys on a keyboard used to pause DOS screens, I don't know if it will do what you want but you could give it a try.

martjc 10:03 31 May 10

...but you'll have to have a quick finger! press the break key to stop the scroll - any key to restart it. As far as I know, there is no way to slow the scroll. One of the silly things about computers! The messages cannot be paged.

martjc 10:03 31 May 10

...but you'll have to have a quick finger! press the break key to stop the scroll - any key to restart it. As far as I know, there is no way to slow the scroll. One of the silly things about computers! The messages cannot be paged.

AlanHo 10:05 31 May 10

Thanks guys - I gave it a go and it does work. As you say - you need lightning reflexes though.

Will now mark this thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…