bios password removal

howard64 09:26 AM 18 Jun 11
Answered

I have been asked to get the photos off a Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop. I need to remove the bios password on it, the owner died and his wife would like the photos saved. It is fairly old! in terms of laptops, as it is running windows me and only has 128mb of ram. Does anyone know how to remove this password? and where I can get a manual showing the location of ram and the cmos battery. Thanks in advance.

gengiscant 10:39 AM 18 Jun 11

Simplest thing to do would be to remove the Dell laptop harddrive and connect it via a caddy,something like this USB Caddy to another PC and copy the files you want. If you go to this page Dell scroll down to PDF documents: Solutions Guide, you will find on page 72 details of how to remove the harddrive.

gengiscant 10:45 AM 18 Jun 11

You might try the Dell backdoor password which is #Dell

gengiscant 10:56 AM 18 Jun 11

Sorry without the hash sing. just Dell.

bremner 10:57 AM 18 Jun 11

Have a look at this Click Here

robin_x 11:53 AM 18 Jun 11

Resetting password by clearing CMOS may not work on laptop.

Ultimate Boot CD has some BIOS/CMOS Tools.

Or Hiren's

howard64 12:57 PM 18 Jun 11

thanks but the Dell or #Dell does not work

gengiscant 13:05 PM 18 Jun 11

I did post again pointing out that the hash(#)was a mistake. Its just Dell.

richardsole 13:34 PM 18 Jun 11
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:51 PM 18 Jun 11

BIOS Passwords sites

howard64 17:30 PM 18 Jun 11
Answer

thank you all I found the password it was the mans second name. I now have the manual and can move forward thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites