Bios password problem

Barson 15:34 23 Jan 03
  Barson 15:34 23 Jan 03

I have a Packard Bell Platinum about four years old and have never been able to get the DVD drive to auto-play. I have carried out the normal process of enabling without success. I assume that it is something to do with the bios settings, however the bios is password.
Is there another way of enabling other than through device manager etc. or is there a simple way of removing the password. A guide on what to do if I ever access the bios would also be very helpful.
Thank You

BigMoFoT 15:38 23 Jan 03

To setup your autoplay can be done through Windows and not in your BIOS - OK, post back with your operating system version and we'll sort your autoplay out.

For the bios password what you will have to do is remove a jumper from the motherboard in order to clear the password. This jumper is usually located near the CMOS battery (looks like a big watch battery)and is usually labelled JBAT 1 and is usually green in colour. remove this fro about 20 mins, then replace it and that should allow access to your BIOS

Rowey 16:17 23 Jan 03

Another way of clearing the BIOS password is to simply remove the battery for a few mins.....and make sure the power supply is out.

AndySD 16:27 23 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…