BIOS Password Problem

Duncanf 20:46 08 Nov 04

I bought system three years ago from Compute IT, Darlington and recently fitted new hard drive. I needed to get into Bios settings but the command came up for a password. I never had a password as I had never needed to enter the world of Bios. It was suggested to contact the manufacturer but when I tried, I found
Compute IT had gone out of business! Is there any way I can get into my own computer system and why would a manufacturer put in a password that surely should have been made available to the purchaser of the system? The only reference in the K7VZA Mainboard handbook to passwords is that sometimes a password may be entered.
Thanks for any help that may come.

VoG II 20:48 08 Nov 04

Take out the battery, wait a couple of minutes then put it back in. Or click here

Graham ® 20:58 08 Nov 04

You're like lightning tonight!

Duncanf, turn off the mains and take out the battery.

chris05 21:06 08 Nov 04

My dad had the same problem with a laptop try pulling the battry out of that fellas :-)) and I tell you what know one seems to want to help you when you have this problem with a laptop as evryone thinks ya robbed it :-) anyway just a note, theirs also a biso reset jumper on the motherboard usually jp1 if my memory serves me right pop it of put it on 2 and 3 pin and then back on 1 and 2 pin.

Duncanf 21:08 08 Nov 04

Thank you VoG and Graham for prompt replies.
I was reading earlier the posting from Curlylad.
Indeed it's a privilege to be able to access this excellent service. As a senior citizen I'm always looking for some advice!!

Duncanf 21:10 08 Nov 04

Thanks Chris 05...problem solved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…