Bios number for A8n-sli

kiddgame2000 08:12 18 Mar 08

I am trying to update the bios on my computer but am not sure if i have already done this as i think i may have done it a year or so ago.

How can i check the bios version i have installed.

I have looked during the boot up and cant see it anywhere and have looked in the bios itself but again no joy.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MAJ 08:25 18 Mar 08

One of the System Information utilities like Belarc click here or SIW click here should tell you. Or even go to Start > Run, type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and click OK. You should see the BIOS version on the first page.

kiddgame2000 13:05 18 Mar 08

Thanks very much i shall give it a try later

Totally-braindead 13:13 18 Mar 08

Please don't fall into the habit of updating your BIOS just because you can. If you do it wrong then the PC won't boot and then you can't use the computer. You effectively destroy your computer.

Only update the BIOS if for example you need to do so for support for a newer processor. And considering its a 939 motherboard this is very unlikely to happen.

I've never had a BIOS update go wrong but it can happen. Only flash the BIOS if you have to, theres no advantage otherwise.

kiddgame2000 18:04 18 Mar 08

Yea i know what you mean trust me im not looking forward to doing it. I just checked i did indeed update my bios however i need to do it again to be able to install a new processor.

I have an amd 4000 but would like to go up to a FX model as i have just bought a ASUS 8800gt 512mb graphics card and i think my system is bottle necking in the processor when ever i play certain games.

I might give it a try later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…