bios menu

holligan 10:48 19 Jul 03

can someone tell me how to set up.was told to get the cdron menu right.will not go into windows.

holligan 10:58 19 Jul 03

something file missing.cant remberwhat now as not at home

bremner 11:03 19 Jul 03

I think you are asking how to change the BIOS so the machine will boot from a CD.

As the machine starts there will be a message saying something like "Hit del to enter set up" Do what it says and you will go into the BIOS.

Using the cursor arrows navigate the menus. As all BIOS are different I can't say exactly where it will be but there will be an entry saying boot sequence or similar. It will probably be set to:
First = Floppy
Second = Hard Disk
Third = CD Rom

You need to change this so the first is CD ROM this is normally done through the enter and page up/down keys although there are normally instructions on the page explaining how this is done

If it is not this can you try and give a complete explanation of what you are after.

MichelleC 11:03 19 Jul 03

If you can give us more info, like what are you trying to do, what's your operating system etc, any error messages...

VoG II 11:06 19 Jul 03

Link to other thread click here

holligan 11:38 19 Jul 03

cant get to windows only set up mslii dill something like cant rember .

holligan 11:41 19 Jul 03

r

hugh-265156 11:41 19 Jul 03

wait untill you get home and then note down the error and post back.

hugh-265156 11:44 19 Jul 03

there again if you cant get into windows then you cant post oops!

have you tried set up defaults in the bios.

bremner 11:48 19 Jul 03

You will need to use a system / boot disk that will allow CD Rom support.

Did you have supplied or create a system / boot disk?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…