Bios-how to check which version?

holly polly 21:02 28 Aug 03

Hi installing new hard drive and would like to know if my bios is up to date and supports a hdd of 80 gig my mobo is a gigabyte ga-7ixe i have been to their site and downloaded v7 of the bios this says it supports hdd of 75 gig ,is that upto or over 75 gig ?as i was thinking of getting a 80 gig hd ,also how do i check what version of bios is installed i have aidia32 installed on my system -will it tell me there, or do i have to look on boot up?-cheers -hol pol...

krypt1c 21:42 28 Aug 03

You can get the info from aida32. First ensure you're displaying all the options. Launch aida32 then file > preferences > summary then click select all then ok. Then seelct computer > dmi > bios and you should see the version there

holly polly 21:51 28 Aug 03

Abig thankyou for that krptic i have version 62710 installed and i think it would be beneficial to flash the version 7 ,just an idea is this a procedure you've done yourself krptic ,and if so any probs encounted-cheers hol pol...

krypt1c 00:31 29 Aug 03

Glad I could help. Sorry can't help on how to do it. Never had the need. Suggest you start a new thread and someone will be able to advise. Good luck - K ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…