BIOS enabled...?

Cybercrow 10:56 24 May 05

I've not used my Scanner for sometime. I plugged it in recently, but it does not work.
All connections have been made properly, but according to a pop up window, i need to check that the BIOS has been 'enabled'.

How do i access BIOS to see if my scanner has been enabled...?

Thank you!

mattyc_92 11:02 24 May 05

Scanner?

CurlyWhirly 11:11 24 May 05

Have you looked in Device Manager to see if you have an exclamation mark by the scanner entry?

Are the scanner drivers still on your PC?
I don't think that the BIOS is used to enable scanners but if it is a USB scanner then obviously USB *would* need to be enabled in the BIOS in order for it to work.

Cybercrow 11:22 24 May 05

Device Manager...?

Yes! It is a USB Scanner.
When i first tried to use it the other day, it scanned a picture and then let me e-mail it, but then it would not work after that and a pop up window then started appearing saying check connections and BIOS.

CurlyWhirly 02:06 25 May 05

Sorry I have not heard of that pop-up window error message before so at least my reply will bump your post upwards.

Gandalph 02:11 25 May 05

Put in the CD that contains your Twain driver software and delete the driver then re-install see if that does the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch