BIOS enabled...?

Cybercrow 10:56 24 May 05

I've not used my Scanner for sometime. I plugged it in recently, but it does not work.
All connections have been made properly, but according to a pop up window, i need to check that the BIOS has been 'enabled'.

How do i access BIOS to see if my scanner has been enabled...?

Thank you!

mattyc_92 11:02 24 May 05

Scanner?

CurlyWhirly 11:11 24 May 05

Have you looked in Device Manager to see if you have an exclamation mark by the scanner entry?

Are the scanner drivers still on your PC?
I don't think that the BIOS is used to enable scanners but if it is a USB scanner then obviously USB *would* need to be enabled in the BIOS in order for it to work.

Cybercrow 11:22 24 May 05

Device Manager...?

Yes! It is a USB Scanner.
When i first tried to use it the other day, it scanned a picture and then let me e-mail it, but then it would not work after that and a pop up window then started appearing saying check connections and BIOS.

CurlyWhirly 02:06 25 May 05

Sorry I have not heard of that pop-up window error message before so at least my reply will bump your post upwards.

Gandalph 02:11 25 May 05

Put in the CD that contains your Twain driver software and delete the driver then re-install see if that does the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…