BIOS Checker

Lady Lara 17:40 20 Aug 04

Is there any programs out there which can check my bios and see if it's ok? I think there is a problem as it crashes everytime. Have checked HD using powermax.exe and that passed. Ram has been checked and reseated as has AGP Card. Just wondering if my mobo is naff!

Stuartli 17:59 20 Aug 04

If you have the manual there should be an explanation of how to enable the Bios defaults.

If it's OK then, follow the manual's guide on the various settings and reinstate those that you require to be changed.

Gongoozler 18:01 20 Aug 04

I don't know if there are any BIOS checking programs, but the BIOS checks itself and gives a "Checksum" error if it finds a problem. At which point does yours crash?

Lady Lara 19:06 20 Aug 04

Sometimes it boots up and then whilst in win XP it crashes. Other time sit varies and i get CMOS checksum error at boot up sequence, also it will get to 'start windows in safe mode etc etc then keyboard decides not to work.'

Any ideas

Lady Lara 19:07 20 Aug 04

also get a blue screen error message sometimes... I will email the pic of it (If you ask !!!) as it is too much to write down and to see the error is better than to read it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 20 Aug 04

Blue screen failed .......system or hal. if not e-mail picture.

Valvegrid 19:18 20 Aug 04

If you like to email your picture to me, I'll put it on my web site for you.

Graham ® 19:22 20 Aug 04

Or take a screenshot, upload to click here and post the link.

Lady Lara 19:28 20 Aug 04

click here

Like I said... It could be one of many things. DVD has decied not to work now as well!!!

Have done AV with AVG and it was clear so do not reckon it is a virus. Also checked HD with powermax and that was fine. Mobo is only thing i reckon that can do this but hey ...

Thanks Graham for that link

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 20 Aug 04

Think its a memory problem MemTest Version 2.5 click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:54 20 Aug 04

Is your hard drive getting full? virtual memory normally is set to one and a half times the size of the amount of ram in your system.

512Mb Ram ----

virtual memory =1.5Gb space required on your C: drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…