BIOS CHECK SAYS THAT MY VOLTAGE IS TO HIGH

coastguardman 17:18 10 May 04

A BIOS CHECK SAYS THAT THE VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH. COULD THIS BE WHAT CAUSE MY COMPUTER TO CRASH WHEN I LOAD A GAME ? WHAT IS THE VOLTAGE ?I TAKE IT ITS NOT THE PLUG

Totally-braindead 17:24 10 May 04

Please use small letters not capitals as this is considered by some as "shouting", can't say it bothers me but there you have it. When you say the voltage is too high, which voltage is too high, the memory voltage the graphics card voltage or what? Also may help to know operating system and the make and model of your main board if you have it.

coastguardman 17:31 10 May 04

xp 1.6 with 320mb (graphics included) with 40 gb

woodchip 17:33 10 May 04

Under what in BIOS, is it meaning for the CPU or what

woodchip 17:33 10 May 04

Under what in BIOS, is it meaning for the CPU or what

coastguardman 17:34 10 May 04

it is a pccheck4 i downloaded it from motherboard website. It shows fan temp, voltage and fan speed (i think

woodchip 17:39 10 May 04

what does temp say

Totally-braindead 17:41 10 May 04

So what is the make and model of your motherboard and what is the name of this program you've downloaded? You also said it was a Bios check so I assumed you want into the Bios, this is not the case from what you say its the program you've downloaded that says the voltage is too high. But the voltage of what is too high?

Valvegrid 17:44 10 May 04

I wouldn't worry too much about voltages in these programs, I use MBM5 and my 12 volt rail shows 20.14 volts! It's not correct otherwise it would have gone up in a mushroom cloud of smoke.

Your crashing computer is likely to be something like hardware or software conflicts. If you can a few more details of what happens when it crashes and what game, details of operating system and setup you're using.

Totally-braindead 17:49 10 May 04

Agree with Valvegrid these downloaded program are very often not very reliable, the only true values you can get are from the Bios, we really need the info stated above, motherboard make and model and what program you've used.

Totally-braindead 18:09 10 May 04

I have downloaded checks from my motherboard site. it says that the fan is running at the right temp but it shows voltage at 3.5 and 4.7 and max is 3 and 4 . Do you know that site that automatically finds your system info ? Just received the above from coastguardman. We still need more information to help you, you said you downloaded this program from your motherboard site so you must know the make and model of your motherboard. The only really reliable check I know of is to go into the Bios and look there. I have a Gigabyte board and it comes with a Utility called EasyTune4 which does give info on temps and voltages but even though its created by the people who make my board I take the readings with a pinch of salt and check the Bios. The 2 temps you mention, what is 3.5 and what is 4.7 is it the memory the graphics card what. We really need a bit more info to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…