BIOS check up

sordit 09:32 23 Jul 04

I have a ABIT BG7 P4 motherboard. I inserted a P4 CPU 2.00 GHZ. On start up, the fans and lights lit but the screen was blank. I changed the CPU and put another 2.00GHZ.I get one bleep on start up. When I press F1 A message appears telling me
"CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please recheck-CPU-Soft Menu. On going back to the soft menue, only the following are highlighted.
1) CPU operating speed-800(100) 2)CPU core voltage--STD VCore. 3)DRAM voltage-- 2.5v. Is there a way to alter the remaining items.
Thanks Jackson email--- [email protected]

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:50 23 Jul 04
  sordit 22:17 24 Jul 04

I have solved the previous problem, but now another problem. I get the following message.
(WINDOWS FOUND AN ERROR IN YOUR SYSTEM FILES AND RESTORED A RECENT BACK UP OF THE FILES TO FIX THE PROBLEM. Press Enter to restart your computer.<RESTART>.) I do as instructed and the same thing props up again and again. I cannot start windows. Please help. Felix

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:32 24 Jul 04

What windows system? This works for XP and maybe ME.

Boot into safe mode (keep tapping F8 key after HDD detected)

when in safe mode

With XP disk in drive type sfc /scannow in the run box windows will scan and replace missing /corrupt system files.

woodchip 22:42 24 Jul 04

CD does not work in safe mode, unless they have altered it in XP from how 98 worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017