BIOS Bemusement ! Plus

shu shu 18:34 22 Jan 03
  shu shu 18:34 22 Jan 03

Idly checking my BIOS settings,like you do, and I noticed unter "OS Installed" I have 3 options-
1 "Other" 2 "Win95" and 3 "Win98/2000". As I run WinMe, should I be worried? If so, do I just select "Other" and type in "WinMe".
Plus-When I run Scandisk in Safe it behaves the same as it does in Normal-keeps restarting but eventually gets there after about 15 restarts.(no other programs are running).
Plus-When I run Defrag (in both modes),it takes ages at 45-50% then it clonks back to 46% and continues. It doesnt restart, the blue progress bar just leaps back a few squares. Like Scandisk,it gets there eventually. Ummmm could this be an advance sympton of imminent Hard Disc trouble?
Finally, how to I tweak my Chainteck GT20 GeForce 4 Ti4200, I can't find the tabs!

shu shu 07:51 23 Jan 03

uuuummmmm.....thanks Guys.

Rowey 10:16 23 Jan 03

I wouldn't worry too much about which OS you choose in the bios.....but i would say 98 is the closest to ME.

Do you have any AV software running? This can cause probs with scandisk running properly.

Not sure about the graphics as im running a gainward gf3.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced