BIOS Beep Code for MSI

Kilty 09:17 02 Aug 09

I am building a new PC using an MSI motherbord, on first start up I am getting no display and 2 short beeps followed by 6 beeps. All I can find is that it is related to the keyboard, but I have changed this numerous times with no success.

If anyone knows what the problem is I would be grateful for any advice given.

Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:39 02 Aug 09

Beep Codes
click here
click here

can't find that particular sequence listed, but I suggest you try checking the memory first. Check it is inserted correctly.

If two sticks try one at a time.

kindly 09:39 02 Aug 09

Hi Kilty, the MSI motherboard will beep once for every USB devise you have conected when the computer starts. So you will know how many you have connected, try to unplug one and see if the beeps change. then if so reconect it. Have a look at this site click here you might find something extra.
You can also google your problem. Hope this starts you in the right direction to solve your problem.

sunnystaines 09:42 02 Aug 09

I have just built a pc using msi x58 platnium and found the serial keyboard socket would not work had to go and get a usb keyboard, also had to disable realtek sound as it would not work [used hd lead to hd monitor with hd graphics with sound].

the msi software for updates to bios & drivers differs from their web site for updates I have kept to the software monitor and updated the bios to ver1.5 as the software advised, but the web shows further bios updates to ver 3.0.

which board did you get.

Kilty 09:46 02 Aug 09

The board is a K9N6PGM2, I have very little on it (no USBs or graphics cards) as I am putting it to together for a windows home server.

Thanks for all help so far and am grateful for anymore given.

Kilty 10:23 02 Aug 09

I have had a look at the various sites for the codes and all I can come up with is the keyboard is at fault. I have tried 3 keyboards with the same result and am know wondering if I should return the motherboard?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Stuartli 11:50 02 Aug 09

Try a corded keyboard.

T0SH 14:17 02 Aug 09

If you recently bought this motherboard then it would come with a motherboard manual be it printed or on a cd in pdf, it will tell you which BIOS it uses, armed with this information you can find out from exactly what the (BIOS specific) beep error code means

Cheers HC

woodchip 14:49 02 Aug 09

If keyboard is PS2 are you plugging it into correct socket

Kilty 17:59 02 Aug 09

I have used both a USB and PS2 keyboard, with the same result. Im quite sure Im plugging into the correct socket, as its colour coded the same as the keyboard plug (purple)

The motherboard is AMIBIOS, and from what I can find its all to do with a "Keyboard controller Gate A20 error", but I do not know how to solve this, beyond changing the keyboard, which I have done.

Thanks for all replies so far and any more help given.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:24 02 Aug 09

If you are sure is keyboard beeps and you have changed keyboards then fault is on chip on motherboard, send the board back under warrenty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…