bios backup

notmeguv 20:34 03 Mar 04

im about to update my bios, but the manual tells me to back up my current one first, but soesnt tell me how to niether does thier web site, please could you tell me. its an asus p4pe with ezflash award bios. windows xp pro.

siouxah1 21:41 03 Mar 04

Do you have the manual?

Don't use that board, but the P4P800 manual gives full instructions for the 800. It uses a utility called afudos to backup the BIOS to floppy in DOS. You might also be able to recover your BIOS by booting from the support CD ROM. It should detect a corrupt BIOS and lead you through the recovery.

Suspect it is the same for your board.

If you go here

click here

you may be able to download the manual for your board. It's about 7mb, but I could not get it to download. You might like to try.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 21:45 03 Mar 04

that does not seem to work. This is the link in full.

http:// click here

remove space after //

siouxah1 21:46 03 Mar 04

Not doing too well this evening, Ill try again.

www. asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4PE&Type=Latest

notmeguv 21:51 03 Mar 04

but ive got the manual, ive got the latest bios on floppy, but the manual told me to make a backup on floppy before updating. it just doesnt tell me how to backup. and ive search loads of places on the web without success.

siouxah1 13:36 04 Mar 04

Hi there once again,

Does your manual say that you can recover by using the support CD, if so this should cover your back?

If you would like me to email you a file of the back up method on the P4P800, which seems to be the same BIOS I will do that. The file is about 367k. jpeg.

In previous post I incoorectly said boot from CD. It should be boot as normal. When the boot indicates a corrupt BIOS you can then insert the CD and recover. Worth checking you CD contents.

Regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…