BIOS

Spr 08:43 10 Nov 14

A couple days ago, I asked what is causing my clock to gain/lose time, I have notice of late when start up a message “BIOS Start up etc” there is not enough time to read the message, there is something about pressing F10 which I leave alone. Today I’m told my Calendar is set for 2040. I don’t want to play around with the BIOS is there anything I can do or do I just live with it?

Thank you

hastelloy 08:49 10 Nov 14

You need to change you BIOS battery.

lotvic 10:59 10 Nov 14

This is the other Thread from a couple of days ago click here

We tried to help you, but you don't reply and answer our questions so it is impossible give you useful help.

Spr 14:42 10 Nov 14

I have Vista 64 bits Internet Explorer 9 Typing into “RUN” w32tm/resync, it tell me Window cannot find w32tm/resync. Make sure you have typed in the name correctly

Clock is showing the correct time & date as I set them this morning after I was told the Calendar was set to “2040”

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:51 10 Nov 14

you can get windows to time sync to the internet daily when you switch on

we need to know whether this is a windows or a PC fault.

Reboot the machine enetr the BIOS and tell us what the date and time setting are shown there.

Spr 16:41 10 Nov 14

Hope this is correct on start up pressed F10 it showed Time 16:38 Date Mon 11/10/2014

Spr 16:45 10 Nov 14

I should have asked, how do I get windows to time sync to the internet daily when you switch on?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 10 Nov 14

Looks like BIOS is OK

Wonder if the windows time service is stopped???

type

services.msc in the search box

scroll down the list of services to Windows Time Right click select properties from the menu- In the Startup type box use the v to set it to Automatic.- if its not started click Start.

Now you can set when it will sync see here

Spr 22:52 10 Nov 14

Jock1e did as you said this is what I received Typing into “RUN” w32tm/resync, it tell me Window cannot find

Spr 08:47 11 Nov 14

Jock1e

I typed in what you told me & this is the reply

I have Vista 64 bits Internet Explorer 9 Typing into “RUN” w32tm/resync, it tell me Window cannot find w32tm/resync. Make sure you have typed in the name correctly

Spr 08:54 11 Nov 14

Fruit Bat

I have Vista 64 bits Internet Explorer 9 Typing into “RUN” msc it tell me Window cannot find "msc". Make sure you have typed in the name correctly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…