bios

marbles 11:21 07 Oct 06

i have just installed a 4200 x 2 dual core processor. everything seems to work o.k but does not seem as fast as it should be, i previously had a 3000+. I have udated the bios to f7 but in system info it still says f6, although on the boot screen it says the motherboard name then the bios version f7. is there something else i should be doing ?.

Motherboard is Gigabyte kn8ns ultra-939
1g ram
7600gs c.card
any help welcome.

ed-0 12:07 07 Oct 06

Right click my computer and select properties. Under general > computer. What cpu is it saying is there?

Download and run cpu-z click here on the opening page
click here

What is the readings there?

marbles 13:28 07 Oct 06

on the propgram it's says i have a 4200 x 2 cpu, but under the motherboard tab it say, award international bios version f6, is that different setting ?.

Rayuk 15:22 07 Oct 06

Also have you downloaded the driver from AMD
click here

ed-0 16:07 07 Oct 06

Good idea.

marbles

What are the readings for

core speed

multiplier

bus speed

and

HT link

marbles 22:19 07 Oct 06

Hi Guys readings are

bus 201.4
multi x11.0
core 2214.5
ht 1006.7
hope that means something to you..

woodchip 22:26 07 Oct 06

You are not going to get full speed from 32bit programs and may run slower on them. two CPU's only means you can run more programs at the same time. that does not mean it's going to run faster, on any one program.

ed-0 03:11 08 Oct 06

Those figures say that your 4200+ is working at it's correct speed. 2.2Ghz

A 3000+, socket 939, works at 1.8Ghz. So there is just 400Mhz difference. Unless you are multi-tasking, big time, you are not going to see a large amount of difference.

The way they work is that one side of the cpu number crunches a program with a large 1Mb cache to store the data, like a large hopper feeding grain to a grindstone. The other side does the same, so two large programs can work simultaneous together.

I think it's registering fine and showing the correct cpu.

marbles 10:59 08 Oct 06

Thanks Guys, it,s one thing installing things and find they work o.k, but i never know if they are running correctly. From what u are telling me everything is o.k.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…