450223 09:55 30 Jul 05

My brother has brought me a Fujitsu Lifebook S6120 notebook for me to 'sort out' for him. I have the BIOS boot order set to boot CD drive first. But it will not fully boot to the CD drive (I have tried three different disc, that I know boot just fine on other machine, including Killdisk) all I get is a horizontal flashing bar in the top left hand corner of the screen. I have downloaded the latest BIOS, created a bootable cd, but still no luck. There are no jumpers or dip switches on or inside the CD drive its self. The CD Drive reads discs just fine when in windows. So it must be the BIOS! anyone got any ideas, because I am stumped completely, Many thanks.

Cuddles 10:31 30 Jul 05

Does the notebook have a floppy drive, if it does try booting from a floppy.

450223 10:40 30 Jul 05

The notebook does not have a floppy drive!

Pidder 14:45 30 Jul 05

Don't suppose it has a card reader? Possibly boot from that?

Stuartli 15:43 30 Jul 05

The reason might just lie in the second paragraph of this link:

click here

Also to follow up the suggestion about booting from a memory stick:

click here

450223 14:34 24 Aug 05

I now have a similar problem with my neice's Fujitsu S4510. despite setting the boot order and putting an '!' in front of the ATAPI cd saving the setting on exit, it will not boot from a CD. I have tried several CD's all of which will boot on this machine I am on know!
I hear the disc/s start to spin but the BIOS passes them by! Can't get it to boot from a USB floppy drive either... I despair!

Any thought anyone!

450223 07:01 14 Sep 05

Have now got the Fujitsu S6120D to boot from a diskette in a USB floppy drive, but then I try to 'flash' a new BIOS a message comes up 'Memory managers in use HIMEM and the operation is aborted. Any thoughts PLEASE There is no option in the BIOS to disable memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…