BIOS

flobby 09:17 08 Jan 05

Hi,
I am having problems as every now and again more now than again, when I am running my PC it stops and shows a full BLUE screen telling me that it is shutting down and dumping whatever,
I have used Sisoft sandra and the only fault I can find is that it is overheating, but the fan is working and the case is well aired.I am running XP pro with an AMD 2800 processer and 512 Ram,How do I go into the BIOS to check temperatures.
Cheers,
Flobby

VoG II 09:27 08 Jan 05

Why not use Motherboard Monitor (MBM) click here to save going into the BIOS.

flobby 11:35 08 Jan 05

Hi VoG,
I downloaded MBM and just before the finish of instalation TheBlue Screen of Death came up telling me that windows had detected a problem and to protect my computer it was shutting down. and the error message read *** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0x82c21144,0xF76C4B7C,0x00000000)and something about turning off caching or shadowing in the BIOS.
on putting in the error message in google, i have found that it could be numerous things, So I will try to cancel caching/shadowing first,
Cheers. Flobby

The BB 11:49 08 Jan 05

Try setting your BIOS to defaults (assuming you know of any tweaks - and note to people who tweak to write it down!) and run the machine with the case off and even a fan blowing at the board to ensure it is not a heat issue.

flobby 14:05 08 Jan 05

Hi the BB.
as asked in my first post,"how do I get into the BIOS"
Cheers. Flobby

VoG II 14:08 08 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…