Bios

mac donald 19:25 19 Feb 04

Please could you help.Ihave asus mother board a7v8x.My problem is i can't format my hardrive and i can not boot up on cd drive as on bios only lets floppy drives and zip drives boot up and i onlyhave a cd drive.I have downloaded the latest bios.I am using windows ninety eight.And i then loaded xp.Any help would be appreciated.

Gongoozler 19:34 19 Feb 04

Hi mac donald, if your mother board is an ASUS A7V8X-X, then you do have the option to boot from CD. In the boot menu the 3rd option down is ATAPI CD-ROM (page 2-25 in my copy of the manual). Incidentally, I can't understand any computer not having a floppy drive. They are available for only £5, and I wouldn't be without one.

karmgord 19:37 19 Feb 04

Go to another compter running win 98 and make a system disk,then boot from that ,it will load cd rom drivers and let you format your H.D then reload your system from cd

Eric10 19:55 19 Feb 04

Gongoozler is right. I don't have this motherboard but I've just downloaded the manual from the Asus website and these are the instructions for changing the boot device:

Boot Sequence

The Boot menu allows you to select among the four possible types of boot devices listed using the up and down arrow keys. By using the <+> or <Space> key, you can promote devices and by using the <-> key, you can demote devices. Promotion or demotion of devices alters the priority which the system uses to search for a boot device on system power up. Configuration fields include Removable Devices, IDE Hard Drive, ATAPI CD-Rom, and Other Boot Device.

mac donald 23:02 19 Feb 04

thanks to you all some times its good read the manual all the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…