Bing

ened 07:18 22 Dec 09

I have just noticed that when I type something in my Address bar it comes up with a series of search results via Bind.com.

Is this likely to be an isp thing or have I picked up some unwanted software?

My isp is AOL and I typed in the word 'maplin'.

Andsome 08:24 22 Dec 09

It's general, and it's BING not BIND.

rawprawn 08:25 22 Dec 09

Oen Tools> Internet Options> Search Settings> and set Google or what you want as Default

BRYNIT 08:33 22 Dec 09

Bing.com is a search engine. You may have installed it if you have installed MSN. I think its part of Microsoft. For information on Bing click here

ened 14:18 22 Dec 09

What you appear to be referring to merely changes the search engine in the box on the right of the toolbar.

I tried changing it and it made no difference to my getting Bing if I type a wrong address in the address bar.

I tried it with Google Chrome and (understandably) the results came up with Google.

So it would appear that I have inadvertently downloaded something that has let Bing in.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get rid of it.

birdface 14:30 22 Dec 09

Just click on the arrow. Manage search providers.Right click Bing and remove it.

User-1229748 14:34 22 Dec 09

did you remove bing from your search settings or just put google as default? could try removing it if you havn't already

rawprawn 14:35 22 Dec 09

Strange it changes both my search in the address bar, and the search engine in the box on the right of the toolbar to whichever I set as default.
Windows 7.

User-1229748 14:35 22 Dec 09

sorry didn't see butemans reply :o)

Woolwell 14:36 22 Dec 09

You may not have downloaded anything. IE should use your default search engine in the address bar. If that is not working then I suggest that you try turning the search off and back on again or a reboot see click here

Woolwell 14:37 22 Dec 09

That is how it should work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…