BIN+CUE files not burning as a multimedia CD/DVD?

buel 20:19 13 Jun 10

Hi, i have downloaded what i thought was a multimedia CD/DVD but was downloaded as two files- one 586mb bin file and a 79 byte CUE file. I looked on the internet as to what to do with these files and seen that an image burning program would burn it, i used imgburn and it burnt it to a DVD...however, all that happens when i put this DVD into my laptop is that i see lots of folder containing video files! Has anyone got any advice for me please? Have i used the wrong program to burn the original files to make, what i thought was, a multimedia CD/DVD?

gengiscant 09:05 14 Jun 10

A bin/cue set is intended for burning to a CD not DVD.
Use vcd gear to extract bin to mpeg
click here
then use any mpeg to dvd converter youu like.

buel 15:56 15 Jun 10

hey thanks for the answer but that doesn't enable it to be burned as a multimedia cd though does it?

buel 08:14 17 Jun 10

hey thanks for the answer but that doesn't enable it to be burned as a multimedia cd though does it?

gengiscant 08:29 17 Jun 10

Not sure what you mean by multimedia cd, could you enlighten me?

buel 17:50 19 Jun 10

Ok, i mean a cd that instantly loads and has a menu to choose from, not just a bunch of folders which is what i have currently! Does this make sense please?

gengiscant 07:28 20 Jun 10

Might be something here:click here

sharpamat 07:57 20 Jun 10

I Have always used nero for this, put your empty disk in open the cue file and job is done

Atlantic Man 10:45 20 Jun 10

First you need to load those files in a program like daemon-tools or alcohol- then extract it to any specified folder.
After that you need to download DVD-maker or if using WIN7 you can use the DVD-suite, to make it into a DVD- with a menu and stuff, after that you burn your end-result to a VCD\SVCD disk, which will enable the disk to be like an original DVD.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…