Binatone ADSL 2000 Modem/Router - Replacement?

GibsonSt19 12:41 03 Feb 04

Hi people,

Bought one of the above from Argos about 6 months ago and all was well with BToW, however I recently migrated to zen and no matter how many times I configured the thing, it still wouldn't let me connect to Zen. I called Binatone, spoke to a helpful gentleman who advised me that I'd need to upgrade my firmware. He gave me the direct links to the download files and I followed the simple instructions (I have updraded kit before).

Now all of a sudden, it looks as though the flash went wrong, and the USB light is blinking on the Modem/Router. I called Binatone again, spoke to same guy who said that flash must have failed and that Argos (where I bought it from) would replace it with no hesitation. Now, I have no box, and I can't for the life of me find the receipt. Surely Argos won't take it back.

How do I go about getting a replacement?

Many thanks

smegs 12:44 03 Feb 04

I think they would if you paid for it with credit card. All you will need to do is, find your credit card receipt.

GibsonSt19 15:16 03 Feb 04

Paid with Switch, don't have any credit cards :(

Any ideas?

smegs 16:16 03 Feb 04

Switch, you should a receipt for that. What about going to the bank and asking for a Statement going back 6-8months. Thats just to see if Argos is on there.

smegs 16:18 03 Feb 04

Have U got on line banking? If U have, U should be able to check that way.

GibsonSt19 16:18 03 Feb 04

With HSBC

smegs 22:34 03 Feb 04

Can't help you then GibsonSt19, SORRY.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…