Binary file evertime you try to download using Firefox

birdface 13:46 PM 31 May 12
Answered

Probably something easy but how do you get rid of this annoying File.

Everytime you download anything using Firefox it comes up with a binary file and you must save it.

I want to be able to download programs without having to save them on to the computer.

In I/E you get the option of save or run.I just want to run it in Firefox without having to save it.Can it be done.

Woolwell 15:10 PM 31 May 12

It can be done with an add-on see Mozilla support. But there are security risks with running a program rather than saving it, scanning it (although downloads are scanned) and then deciding if it really is the program you want rather than a dodgy file. It is all too easy to click to run the wrong file.

birdface 15:29 PM 31 May 12
Answer

Woolwell

Thanks Woolwell. I thought that it was only a problem that I had.I did not know that's the way it was supposed to work.

Crazy having to download an add on to sort it.I will just use I/E in future for downloads.

I do agree that it is best to save them and scan them for virus's before running them but there are a lot of safe programs that you do not need to do that with.It would be nice to have a choice.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…