bin file missing

hgrock 09:49 17 Aug 08

hello folks wounder if you can help here, I have AVG free it was running ok but today i get your PC is not protected update but it cannot because a bin file is missing, cant find anything on AVG about it this has happened on both pc running avg free, thanks for any help, i may have to reinstall

muddypaws 10:00 17 Aug 08

hgrock
Same here just now on a manual update.
First time I have had it.
OK on last update yesterday evening.

Pamy 10:02 17 Aug 08

Me too. Turned off and re booted All OK this time

muddypaws 10:12 17 Aug 08

In that case I will wait for them to resolve.

muddypaws 10:13 17 Aug 08

Did a restore to last thing last night, but no change so you were lucky Pamy.

eedcam 10:19 17 Aug 08

I had this this morning .On starting upagain nowit was clear and ok tried to update and got the bin file again I thinkit just looks ok till it tries to update again

The Old Mod 10:19 17 Aug 08

Same here, rebooted OK, then did manual update, back to bin file missing. Will wait for them to resolve.

eedcam 10:24 17 Aug 08

As said in another post and on avg forum avg admits the update file is corrupt

camilla11 10:45 17 Aug 08

Me too, on 3 pc's. Is it too risky to leave pc online until this is resolved? - I need to record a radio programme this afternoon. Thanks

anchor 13:54 17 Aug 08

Others on the forum report that this problem has now been resolved.

Have not confirmed this myself, as I removed V;8, and installed 7.5. Will wait a day or two.

hgrock 11:21 27 Oct 08

it was an avg thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…