bin file?

Viv-208691 15:02 20 Mar 04

I have just downloaded a firmware file. It is a 'bin' (binary) file that I need to use with my linksys router. How do I open it?! It doesnt open with any of my computer's programs

Thanks

Viv-208691 16:02 20 Mar 04

oh, how do i use it then?? As soon as i download it will it work automatically? It is firmware for my linksys router

Thanks

Viv-208691 16:04 20 Mar 04

sorry, only just saw your link!! (altho it doesnt seem to be working)

SEASHANTY 20:25 20 Mar 04

Vsz - I do not believe updating your new Wag54g Linksys ADSL router will solve your problem with AOL connection. You need to get the router configuration correct. Messing around with firmware updates at this stage might just possibly disable your router completely. Forget the wireless bit for now. Just try to get the main PC set up using just the wired cable. Probably nobody has replied to your posting on how to configure this router with ADSL AOL BB is because nobody has that particular setup. You will have to try and set it up properly with the information given in the manual and on the installation CD. Linksys.com will give you email guidance if you get stuck.

Viv-208691 18:11 21 Mar 04

ok, thanks shanty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…