Josquius 15:29 05 Aug 03

I've just downloaded a rar of a PSX game and it contains a .bin.
(note: Not pirating, the game in question is the US version of Suikoden 2. I own the UK version already however I wish to play the US version in order to load the saved game at the end into my import version of Suikoden 3)
Anyway how do you use a .bin, I'm assuming its some kinda burning programme? Which one?

Bruce_Lee 15:41 05 Aug 03

This is the only .bin format I know of,

Quoting the Sophos website:

"a file format called MacBinary, (.bin). MacBinary is used to copy Macintosh files over the internet and can be downloaded by Macintosh and non-Macintosh computers. However files can be extracted only on a Macintosh"

Jester2K II 15:44 05 Aug 03

Either Nero or EAsy CD can handle bin files.

Lokk for something like Burn Image From Hard Drive To CD, select the bin file and it'll unpack and can be burnt to CD

DieSse 15:44 05 Aug 03

.bin is quite a common format - most, if not all, BIOS flash files are in .bin files.. for example.

There is no special or standard way to use it - it depends on context. Only the instructions for what you are trying to do can tell you.

Jester2K II 15:45 05 Aug 03
  Josquius 21:36 05 Aug 03

Make sure you select the .CUE -file, not the .BIN -file

that link is confusing I do not have a cue just a bin.

When I try and open and burn the bin file normally on nero it says something about the block size not corresponding.

broggs 21:54 05 Aug 03

use a program called winIso to open it.

Josquius 18:29 06 Aug 03

Any programmes that do the same thing but you don't have to pay for?
Winiso only converts 100mb max when free....

broggs 19:18 06 Aug 03

if you "buy" it, it works fine

Josquius 19:32 15 Aug 03

erm I'm not spending £60 on something I already own 99.9% of.

I converted to ISO and burned and it doesn't work. The iso doesn't work on a emulator either however the original bin does. All getting very complicated indeed....

The Sack 19:35 15 Aug 03

There should be other files as well as the binary file surely?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…