A big thank you to Woodchip

golfpro 14:40 21 Apr 05

Re my last posting about my problems with Acronis and my External hard drive. Everything has gone OK with the Full Back up Image after your recommendations, "Thank You", there are a couple of other questions I have regarding separate partitioning for for different sections on my C drive (MY Pictures for instance) when making incremental back up's, but I will leave that for later.

woodchip 15:11 21 Apr 05

Just another tip. In Windows Explorer, you can choose to Explore the Image by right click, and it will alocate a Drive Letter to it and you can then see all the files just like you would in Win Explorer and drag files from it. to close the above right click the drive and choose unplug

golfpro 16:48 21 Apr 05

Thanks for the tip, what I wanted to do is send all "My Pictures" files to a separate section on my External H/D to leave my C drive free, and then retrieve them to work on and I don't know how to do this exactly,

woodchip 17:26 21 Apr 05

Easy, In Windows Explorer, You can see all the folders. If you are on XP then go to My Docs\User Name expand to my Pictures. create a folder on your external drive by right click on the drive and choose new folder give it a name that suits. When you find your Pictures, you can do two things, if you want to copy all at once click on the top or bottom file then hold the shift key down and click on the file at opposite end of list so it selects all then right click on selected files and just drag to new folder. you can use Ctl key to select individual files.

CHAIRLEG 22:12 21 Apr 05

Saved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5