A Big Thank You

Rubz - ©lone 16:57 06 Feb 05

A Big Thank You to all forum members who have helped me solve my problems and also FE = i apologise for my inapropriate behaviour...can i just ask, do u guyz give out this help for free al day?...dont u have better things to do - im not saying dont guve out advise but do u lot have other jobs aswell?

Graham ® 17:00 06 Feb 05

No other jobs, we just sit here helping folks, poor as church mice, freezing cold. You could make a donation.

Rubz - ©lone 17:02 06 Feb 05

well...i could......but i aint going to...sorry...!!!

Stuartli 18:02 06 Feb 05

No more help then...:-)

Forum Editor 18:12 06 Feb 05

and thanks for the apology, which is accepted.

Some of us (like me) earn our living from computing, and from advising other people, but we're in a minority here. All of our forum helpers provide advice and assistance for nothing; they give freely of their time, which is partly why I believe they are entitled to a degree of courtesy. Anyone can offer help, and I'm sure that if you stay with us you, too will soon be helping others. I can remember a time when some of our current regular helpers were not quite so experienced, and they needed help themselves. That's how it works - we all pass on the knowledge we gained partly from others and partly from our own experience.

I hope you enjoy your time with us, and thanks once more for the apology - not everyone responds to one of my emails so publicly, or with such maturity.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:19 06 Feb 05

Its was a hobby.

I think it has turned into an obsession!

Have to have my daily fix on the helproom forum.

Working away for a few days I'll be going cold turkey till Friday.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:22 06 Feb 05

Just getting today's 'fix' now back home.

SANTOS7 19:00 06 Feb 05

Rubz i like the cut of your chin , i did reply to your first two posts which at the time were quite damning,but to post an appology and the manner of your recent post you are to be congratulated,there are a few more out there that could take a lesson from your book,good luck to you...........

Dorsai 19:13 06 Feb 05

We do it for Free,

Gratis,

unpaid,

In our spare time,

freequently unthanked,

often insulted,

for no other reason than there are poeple out there with a question to which we might just perhaps have the answer.

;-)

Technotiger 20:02 06 Feb 05

Hi, well done mate - this is exactly why we do it. I hope others follow your example.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:03 06 Feb 05

ps - I don't have anything better to do anyway -
Retired and quite oldish :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced