Big System Tray

I am running XP SP3 Home Edition. Yesterday I was watching a video in BBC iPlayer. I put it into full screen and an error came up saying The Dis Display driver has stoped working. At that the PC shut down. I have tried everything from updating drivrs search for viruses and other nasties.Nothing has worked. Any help.

System Spec:
2.0GHz AMD Sepmron CPU (Very Old)
233MB RAM (Very Very Low) (Upgrading to 2GB)
Vai S3 Unichrome KM400 GPU
80GB HDD

Once the PC had restarted all the icons were really big and blocky in the System Tray. Everything else is normal.

canarieslover 10:58 27 Dec 09

You seriously need to upgrade ram at the very least. The Graphics are on the motherboard so ar eating into what little ram you have and trying to run full screen and the processing required by BBC Player were just too much for your setup.

John B 10:59 27 Dec 09
  John B 10:59 27 Dec 09

I've run it in full screen 100's of times. That is the amount of RAM when the GPU has 32MB. In total I have 25MB. Still very low. Why is the system tray icons so big now. Is there a way to fix that.

It makes the Icons even big. They are at the right size but stiil are all blocky.

canarieslover 11:20 27 Dec 09

Check your display driver. If it has become corrupted it may cause errors. click here

cheap 12:14 27 Dec 09

Try a system restore to before it happened.

Done a system restore. Everything is working agfain.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac