Big Question about Android mobile security please....advice needed

julius44 07:37 10 Feb 15

Hello and good morning to you all. I consider myself to be quite tekky when it comes to android and a few other IT issues in general to an extent, lol, but I need some help and advice on android security please. Nowadays we use our smartfones for practically EVERYTHING, and we have loads of important family pictures, information, etc.

I have been trying a few of the android mobile security suites from the play store(I am now using 360 security). There seems to be a single flaw with them all. If for instance I a smartfone is misplaced, and you wish to locate it, or remotely wipe it or lock it down, it seems that A, the location setting must already be enabled, and B, the fone must have an ACTIVE internet connection.

Well, if this is neither the case HOW could I go about locking the fone off, and still being able to at least track it without an internet connection or location settings being switched on?

Or am I missing something please??

Many thanks Jules

julius44 16:10 11 Feb 15

Hi there, any suggestions yet please??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009