BIG PROBLEMS - SPYWARE???

sPaNieL*WilL^KiLl 12:07 20 Mar 04

I have recently upgraded from 56k to Tiscali broadband 3x (about a month ago). Now for no reason i am getting lots of errors etc.

At startup (when i actually log into windows XP pro) i get a message saying "run DLL error". If i click on OK this goes away and nothing more happens.

After about another minute i get a message saying "preparing your plugin". It does this before i have time to stop it and the a website with 'Dirty' images comes up asking me to join. It installs this thing called 'sexy show' onto the start menu and desktop. Then in program files folder it creates something called website viewer. Even if i delete unistall sexy show and delete the website viewer folder, the next time i log in the same thing happens.

My homepage and search engine have also been changed to bizonio. If i change these back to default...MSN search and tiscali.co.uk the next time i log on it has changed back.

Yet another problem is when i try to shut down the pc. I get an error message saying "End Task - system query". A bar moves along the screen and when it finishs it takes me back to windows to make sure everything is OK (it appears to be). If i click end now it shuts down windows as normal.

Please could somebody help. I am using an origo ADSL modem router (not the sagem one sent by tiscali - 3 pcs on network) I have downloaded and installed ad - aware 6.0 and it lists about 30 things when i go on scan. I remove these but the next time i log onto windows they're back when i do the scan!

Help please...im really in need!

VoG II 12:08 20 Mar 04

Try Spybot click here

The Spires 12:09 20 Mar 04

Give The Cleaner a run through, it's free for a month, you may have a trojan. click here

sPaNieL*WilL^KiLl 12:38 20 Mar 04

when i startup the actuall run DLL error message is, "Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\image.dll

VoG II 12:42 20 Mar 04
  byfordr 13:10 20 Mar 04

Some advice on this one click here

HTH

R

sPaNieL*WilL^KiLl 16:53 24 Mar 04

thnx for the help every1...ive got rid of most of it...just the dirty website viewer and the end task system query (at shutdown) remain.

Any help on those too would be great!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…