Big problem with windows loading at start up

davro 11:57 08 Nov 04

i have a dell dimension 1.7 2 hard drives witin the last week i have upgraded memory to 518 rdram re installed windows xp and fitted a new graphics card all went fine at first but now i have trouble loading windows xp when i click on my name loading personal settings takes forever and sometimes does not load (tried sys restore no difference) when loaded seems to work ok its just getting xp to load P.S. my little daughter was on ceebeebies site and i noticed that norton anti virus was turned off i have done a scan but found nothing. can anyone help Thanks davro

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:08 08 Nov 04

Once you are in set up another account with admin privileges log out and in to the new account then delete your old account.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:10 08 Nov 04

Forgot to say in new account use explorer to copy folders from old account (favourites etc.) before removing old account.

paulie walnuts 21:58 24 Jan 05

sometimes when i boot up my pc my os(xp pro) comes on with a light grey task bar. when i go into control panel to change it, it shows as xp(modified) and the control panel looks really old fashioned. when i pick the normal xp setting my pc freezes and i have to reboot thus restarting the whole process. pc is only 5 months old. any ideas please

paulie walnuts 21:59 24 Jan 05

just put that in completely the wrong place

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…