Big Problem.. Need Help (will not boot), Stumped.

Jay1351 21:22 21 May 08

Okay, so it goes, I was originally running Vista x32... got it free.. but still liked XP better, so, I go install x64 XP... so far, it was running good. ran well for a couple days.. then the problem hit.

well, turned on my comp one day to have some fun with the Crysis Editor and I get past my motherboard screen... but my comp. doesen't boot into windows... so I shut down, boot up again, same thing, doesen't boot into windows, I try booting into safe mode.. nothing... I completely reset my motherboard... nothing..

so I try now going and re-installing windows... and It bluescreens.. tried it again... starts installing.. and then.. nothing happens.. I'm really stuck.. does anybody have ANY ideas as to what I could do?

Thankyou,

Jay1351

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:56 21 May 08

blue screen error number?

ashdav 22:57 21 May 08

do you actually have a 64bit processor installed?
Stupid question but have to ask it.

rossgolf 23:00 21 May 08

if he didnt he would not run "well for a couple days"

mrwoowoo 23:23 21 May 08

While one can do the clean install with any version of XP, it is best
if the PC in question is a later model and that the copy of XP be SP2.
One can do this with SP1 but this will cause all sorts of problems,
Not the least of which is that there may not be a recognition of some
of the basic devices.
May sometimes take two clean installs to take properly.

woodchip 11:58 22 May 08

check the cpu fan as this sounds like overheating when you are loading windows

Jay1351 17:59 22 May 08

... no, it's not the CPU fan, seeing as how I have an aftermarket cooler on my CPU and it's not overclocked at all (Pen. D CPU running at 3.00 GHz)

crosstrainer 18:03 22 May 08

64 bit versions of WIndows (XP or Vista) are lacking in driver support, and are flaky to say the least. You may need to load a third party set of drivers to re-install.

My advice would be to delete all partitons using a 32 bit version of XP or Vista. Then reinstall the 32 bit version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now