Big problem Hard drive?

shizzy 16:51 16 Nov 05

Switched on my computer this morning and used it for a short time however about an hour after using it I heard a clicking sound and the drive light was on, then the fatal blue screen appeared. The error message said KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. The rest said about going into safe mode which I couldn't do.The actual error was STOP.OXOOOOOO77 OXCOOOOOOE OXOOOOOO OXOO87EOOO Beginning of physical memory dump.
It would then boot to the memory test etc but not continue into Windows. The only time it did manage it the blue screen soon returned.I have read here that the clicking means the hdd and also where it says Primary drive and slave drive it was None but the CD and DVD drives were recognized. My husband checked connections etc. inside and now the master is not listed at all. He found a dead spider and wondered if thats who had been working it until he died! I hope that you can make sense of this. Thanks.

woodchip 16:59 16 Nov 05

looks like maybe faulty memory

keith-236785 17:01 16 Nov 05

glad to see humour is the order of the day, now to the bad news. from the sound of it, it would seem that your hard drive has finally died.

Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

"The Stop 0x77 message indicates that a page of kernel data requested from the paging (virtual memory) file could not be found or read into memory. This Stop message can also indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection."

from click here

hope this helps, dont have a real answer except for trying a new/different hard drive.

woodchip 17:22 16 Nov 05

You could run Disc Checker With Floppy discs from click here scroll down for yours

woodchip 17:24 16 Nov 05

Or get Seatools from click here put on floppy disc start with floppy disc and check drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:26 16 Nov 05

I heard a clicking sound and the drive light was on coupled with Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

Lokks like a very sick Hard disk

RESOLUTION
1. check for Boot Sector Virus
To determine if you have a boot sector virus, run a current virus-checking program, and if needed, disinfect your computer.

Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.

If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system and you can get it restarted to windows run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition (c:). You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins.

If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Recovery Console (start with XP in the CD drive Using Recovery Consul
click here
or
click here) and run Chkdsk /r.

3.Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.

4.If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard (motherboard) may be damaged.

shizzy 18:01 16 Nov 05

Thank you for all your answers and no I can't get into Windows or Safe Mode We did try with the Evesham restore disc in both the dvd and cd drive but either disc error or gets as far as checking configuration then a blank black screen.Just to say we have a hardware firewall (Netgear router) Kerio, AVG, Adaware,Spybot,Spywareblaster,a squared and MS Antispy all up to date. Last week it didn't boot properly just the once and this was after the latest MS update.

shizzy 18:08 16 Nov 05

When tapping the F keys with the case off it sounded as if the noise was coming from near the motherboard, graphics card area.

phono 18:26 16 Nov 05

If the motherboard has one of those small onboard speakers the noise may well have been coming from there.

mole44 20:14 16 Nov 05

i have an evesham computer ,i to had a hard disc go faulty came up with cyclic redundancy check,luckily it was under warranty and replaced.if its any help my hard drive was a maxtor drive.as i say if its under warranty you`ll get a new one installes and they even installed windows for me.great service again from evesham,can`t praise them to highly.

shizzy 21:01 16 Nov 05

Thank you. Have just ordered an early Xmas present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…