Big Problem

myphrill 16:43 23 Dec 04

My PC is littered with viruses, Norton can't delete even half of them, AVG does better but cant delete them all. Norton Security stops my pc going online even though i set it to allow I.E6 and Firefox and MSN Messenger to be allowed connections. I have some file called 'internetservice.exe' thats undeletable which stops me going online meaning i have to stop the task thru the task manager. I also have a 'back-web' file running which sounds like a trojan which even my spyware doctor can't get rid of.

My master cd's that were created using the PCs master cd creator are ruined as they have caused this mess when i rebooted the pc. This Windows XP Home came preinstalled and i havent got it on a disc and i dont seem to have the master cd creator program since i rebooted the pc.

What should i do?

Cook2 16:48 23 Dec 04

Try thes two click here click here

Then try click here as your AV.

VoG II 16:51 23 Dec 04

click here as well.

Brian-336451 16:51 23 Dec 04

What have you been doing with your computer?

Why can't Norton 'get rid of the viruses', surely if it can't delete them it sticks them into Quarantine?

If Norton stops you going on line then go into MSConfig and stop it loading.

Update Norton Antivirus, run it again.

Start up in Safe Mode (F8) whilst the computer is booting, then try deleting that file (or better, rename it).

My real question is how come you've let it get this bad?

myphrill 16:52 23 Dec 04

thats the viruses sorted (hopefully) but what about my other problems?

myphrill 16:53 23 Dec 04

Im not the only user of this pc, i have a younger sister (god forbid) who in the past LOVED Kazaa and downloaded willy nilly.

myphrill 16:57 23 Dec 04

also, why let it get this bad? im not made of money and cant keep paying everytime norton asks for a yearly subscription. im a student, im not rich.

myphrill 16:59 23 Dec 04

my friend told me Linux cant get viruses. is that true?

Dorsai 17:03 23 Dec 04

IF the PC is Yours, and the Younger sister has broken it, perhaps time for some 'settings of passwords' to prevent her from screwing it up in the future. If she complains, just point out it's yours, and she keeps breaking it.

bruno 17:04 23 Dec 04

It does not need to cost you anything to protect your computer.There are many free firewalls and anti-virus programmes.Also Adaware and Spybot,Avast and others can all be dowloaded and used regularly.Search this site and you will find loads of them.

myphrill 17:05 23 Dec 04

Dorsai, i cannot set passwords and i cant say the pc is mine because it is not just mine. It was bought for both of us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…