For Big Elf & Jim etc ref Bios and USB dvd drive

Parklife 12:18 02 Feb 04

Any help always appreciated. Right. Device is artek bkm 52*16. Bios is American Megatrends 062710 07/15/97 (even though the laptop was bought in 2002. Original DVD cd RW was Mat*!@:a Ujda 710 which i cannot get anywhere so bought this usb device. There is no oiption in the bios for usb. In the amibios hiflix setup utilty i have standard cmos and advanced cmos. In standard I can alter the sec master to cd rom, armd, auto and user and not installed. When the original drive faied i had to put this as not installed to boot the pc without a cd rom drive attached. No matter where i put it now it will not find the USB drive as in the advanced set up floppy first, cd rom 2nd, ide-o 3rd or disabled. No sign of a usb device. I have the 6 windows xp floppys but have not yet tried to install xp again using them until I know that the USB driver will be installed for the CD rom drive otherwise I wil not be able to finish off the set up. Any ideas anyone?

Big Elf 13:25 02 Feb 04

As this is covered in original thread it's better to tick it as resolved and continue with the other one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…