Big Brother & log in

Liteman 13:52 19 Nov 06

Within the last few weeks, my normally tame machine appears to have developed a mind of it's own. Firstly it decided that at boot up I was going to have to press F1 to get into the post processing phase of booting up, something already addressed in a previous plea and I'm still working on that one (have been away, hence the delay). Within the last week it has decided that, instead of the machine completing the boot up process after the pressing of F1 and me finishing up with the XP window with all my icons etc ready to go, it goes to a blue windows screen asking "To begin, click your user name" and offering an icon for me to click before it completes the boot up. Is this something I may have inadvertently done, or something that has loaded via one of those wretched automatic windows updates?

VoG II 13:55 19 Nov 06
  rodriguez 14:02 19 Nov 06

The reason you have to press F1 to go into the POST is probably a sign that your motherboard battery is on it's way out. As for Windows not booting up automatically, try VoG™'s link. Mine had this problem just after I installed .NET 2.0 Framework...

Liteman 14:05 19 Nov 06

VOG, don't you ever sleep, ablute or otherwise excuse youself from the screen? Yet again you've come up trumps!

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos