Big Blue Screen/ Anti Virus programmes/firewalls

User-324448 09:49 02 May 04

Hi Im back after a massive problem (to me)last week I had the big blue screen and could not boot up not in safe or any other options, I re installed windows XP from the recovery disk Evesham provided with the system 3 years ago, Now then "Why did it go wrong? Why does my LCD screen have tiny type and Icons,it had larger ones before.
What is the best Anti virus, and firewall and what would be the best way to back everything up as I have lost valuable work,Im confused after reading the article in PCA, Have any of you got the Maxtor one touch External hard drive ? I did back up a Vintage show programme I am making but that was early April so I lost a lot after that date
How do I stop these pop ups which keep "popping up " as I type. Prof.

rawprawn 10:00 02 May 04

Right click on desktop/properties/effects/put a tick in large icons.Free Antivirus click here free firewall click here

Gongoozler 10:03 02 May 04

---- and a free pop-up stopper here click here, but if you want to allow legitimate pop-ups you will then have to press the Ctrl key.

VoG II 10:28 02 May 04

To turn off Messenger Service pop-ups click here

romanab 10:28 02 May 04

The google toolbarclick here has a popup stopper as well as many other excellent features and is HIGHLY recomended(if you use IE)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…