Bidding on E-bay using IE6

99ab 23:13 25 Oct 04

I go on to the E-bay site and select an item on which I wish to bid. The browser asks me for my user ID and my password. I enter this, press the button "sign in securely>" and then the following comes up on the browser and I am stuck:

"Please Sign In: Help

If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL.

Please click here to continue"

When I click to continue or help, nothing happens.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Fortunately, I can bid using Mozilla Firefox and Opera browsers but I wonder what is wrong with IE6.

Giggle n' Bits 00:11 26 Oct 04

I have been told that the Wanadoo ISP is blocking the Paypal service. If you use Freeserve/Wanadoo you need to call them and moan at them for blocking your mails

THE TERMINATOR 00:33 26 Oct 04

Have you tried temporarily turning off pop-up blocker(if you have XPSP2 installed)....T

99ab 00:40 26 Oct 04

Firstly, I use NTL as my ISP and secondly, I don't use Windows XP but Windows 2000.

peterj 01:32 26 Oct 04

I use IE6 and have no trouble with ebay. The problem possibly lies with your properties settings (internet options) could have your cookies acceptance switched off or you are perhaps restricting access using the privacy settings. Suggest you set all settings to default.

Valvegrid 09:28 26 Oct 04

Check if Javascript is working:

click here

You should see 'Your browser supports JavaScript version 1.3' if its not, follow the instructions on how to activate it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…