//some 3rd party need geo

Bi-Di.386 removal at startup

JOHNNYBGOOD 08:24 05 Nov 03

An annoying message during start up asks me to press any key to continue. It makes reference to a missing programme? Can anyone advise on how I get rid of it. I don't immediately spot anything in msconfig.

Mobile using WIn98 connected to home network

My startup is
AluAlert - NAV
Scanreg
Taskmon
Systemtray
LoadPowerProfile - appears twice?
Stillmagemonitor
CCApp - NAV
CCreg - NAV
Scheduling Agent
ccEvtmgr - NAV
Scriptblock - NAV
OfficeStartup

Do I need all of these?

Many thanks to anyone who can help

Jester2K II 08:34 05 Nov 03

LoadPowerProfile - appears twice? Normal

Whats the message EXACTLY? Might help to know that!

JOHNNYBGOOD 08:49 05 Nov 03

Jester2K II - thanks, the message reads

Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application. The Win registry or System.INI referes to this device file but the device no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose try unistalling the associated app using uninstall

If you require this file try reinstalling.

Jester2K II I always use Win programme install/uninstall. On this occasion I cannot recall what the programme might have been?

Jester2K II 09:16 05 Nov 03

It must say something about the file that its trying to call....

Does the message box have a title?

Jester2K II 09:18 05 Nov 03

Sorry whats Bi-Di.386?

Do you have a Brother Printer? Have ou uninstalled it? Try reinstalling then uninstalling again.

JOHNNYBGOOD 09:42 05 Nov 03

When I start the computer I get a Win98 screen, that disapears and then what I wold call a typical Dos screen (black background with white text) with the message I posted earlier. I press enter then get the usual Network Password screen. There is no title?

This mobile I have used on different networks on my travel and accumulated a number of printers and a brother was probably one of them. I have deleted these now - so that might be the problem, but I have no software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…