BHO problems

MIKE 17:52 31 Dec 04

After downloading various programmes including smilies. I was told by spywareblaster the downloading files had BHO's and would try to alter my IE, I canncelled the download. I suppose my questions are what is or are BHO's and are they dangerous. Do most programmes now have these DHO's

Mikè 17:58 31 Dec 04

click here no more dangerous than any spyware, just that they track your browsing session.

Mikè 17:59 31 Dec 04

Any other mike's ?

ACOLYTE 18:02 31 Dec 04

I would say you mean the smileys for OE and MSN,and BHO's can alter your start page add tool bars and track your surfing habbits,are you using xp sp2? i ask because if you were it would have alerted you and probably not allowed the dload.

VCR97 19:23 31 Dec 04

BHODemon click here

MIKE 20:24 31 Dec 04

Thanks guys for all your help, sorry for not replying earlier watching my fix of corry rubs nose in shame. Yes Mikè it appears we are not a dieing breed. Again many thanks ACOLYTE, Keith S and Mikè for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…