Beware sneaky spam behaviour folks!

polymath 21:46 03 Jul 06

I have my inbox sorted by date (oldest at the top). Recently, if downloading email directly to it (ie if Mailwasher gives an error message), I often notice 1 or 2 spam messages have sneaked in near the top, because they have old dates - I presume it's deliberate, though I don't know how it's done.
Mine are quite easy to spot, as I like to keep the inbox small (a page or less). But if your inbox is larger, watch out for those pests waiting for a careless click, where you're least expecting them!

Incidentally, for years I've been geting spam copied to a particular group of apparent senders (I think I know, from their addresses, who had their address book stolen, but it's too late to do anything now!). I'm now being spoofed, and getting failure notices about spam sent to the people in the same group. We seem to be all spamming all the others! Has anyone here had the same thing? I suppose we'll all just have to blacklist each other, though it's annoying to have to blacklist legitimate businesses (at least my bounced spoofs didn't get to anyone). Or should we all gang together and exact some kind of revenge on the perpetrator?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos