the better upgrades for a blatantly pants pc.

millsy69er2512 02:51 12 Aug 05

Hey im new to the world of computing, so i was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on the best ways of upgrading my pc. Its currently running on 128MBs of RAM with a 334MHZ intel celeron processor on windows xp home with sp2.also money is a bit tight lately so anything that will speed it up and give me some more space at a reasonable price would suite me down to the ground.if any one can help me out i'd be very grateful.
Millsy

Completealias 04:10 12 Aug 05

Upgrading your RAM, will I'm sure give you a improvement in your performance. As to what RAM you will need to purchase will depend on what motherboard you have in your system cruical memory advisor tool or system scanner click here should get you sorted out with the correct memory for your system. They also guarantty that it will be compatable with your system.

It shouldn't set you back to much depending on how much you go for and what memory you require.

As far as extra space goes you can pick up hard drive fairly cheap now heres a list from ebuyer you can get a 80gig one for just over £30 click here

As to if you could upgrade your processor or not will depend on the motherboard you have in your system. I would think thou that you would probably need to upgrade your motherboard as well.

Hope that helps

millsy69er2512 05:06 12 Aug 05

Im not too sure which motherboard i have in my system but a friend has recommended i see a friend of his who is pretty good with pc's.Thankyou for your help.
Millsy.

Completealias 07:43 12 Aug 05

No problems good luck with it and feel free to post again if you've got any queries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…