A Better PDF Reader

Pesala 20:51 06 Jun 07

PDF-XChange click here is better than Adobe Reader in my opinion. It has a more useful feature set and no restrictions or nag screens. The tiny banner ad can be covered with the Navigator.

I have already set it as my default viewer, and I like it so much I took the trouble to write a brief review. click here

You can highlight text, add sticky notes, and draw shapes. The saved file has no watermarks to spoil the PDF.

It has a really neat multiple document interface, and two innovative ways of viewing documents — the Pan and Zoom Window, and the Loupe.

bluto1 23:24 06 Jun 07

Bookmarked

Pesala 16:10 25 Jun 07

From build 0019 onwards you can check for updates from the Help menu. This new program is steadily improving in response to feedback through the support forum. click here

Pesala 08:01 09 Jul 07

Tracker Support

Yes, there is already a plugin for IE. It will be included into build 0022.

Plugins for Firefox and Mozilla will be included too. Plugin for Opera on testing stage now.

Pesala 21:58 16 Jul 07

Updated to build 22.

History of Changes: click here

woodchip 22:06 16 Jul 07

I prefer Foxit Reader click here

bretsky 22:43 16 Jul 07

Are you sure, because although updates show version 0022, but when downloaded and installed, the program is still showing 0021 and also showing as an update again. Done the download twice now with the same results.

bretsky ;0(

Pesala 23:10 16 Jul 07

Check out the support forum. I just reported the problem there: click here

bretsky 23:37 16 Jul 07

Yeah thought so, have emailed tracker software to let them know.

bretsky ;0)

Pesala 08:17 17 Jul 07

Updated to build 022.

It looks like a case of the announcement being made before the upload was complete.

Pesala 08:41 17 Jul 07

I'm always ready to give a program a fair try, and I did with Foxit Reader. True, it loads fast, but it still has some major defects. I just downloaded and installed version 2.0 to see if it has improved, but the same problems remain that led me to trying out PDF-XChange. There are serious rendering problems, click here.

Foxit Reader comes in a distant 3rd place behind both Adobe Reader and PDF-XChange. OK for some users no doubt, but not for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now