better emailer than outlook express?

Cabochon 14:46 05 Dec 05

Is there a better (preferably free) email prog than outlook express?

PaulB2005 14:52 05 Dec 05

Better in what way?

Diodorus Siculus 15:21 05 Dec 05

ThunderBird from the Mozilla Stable is very good - it is frequently updated for both features and compatibility.

Thunderbird -- Reclaim your inbox
"Thunderbird delivers. Enjoy safe, fast, and easy email, with intelligent spam filters, quick message search, and customizable views. Brought to you by the makers of Firefox, Thunderbird makes email better."
click here

Calypso is also very good: Now known as courier

Courier Email, the safe, secure and easy-to-use email for business and home use by Rose City Software
click here

stylehurst 16:53 05 Dec 05

Eudora is pretty good, and free if you are willing to put up with the adverts

jack 08:42 06 Dec 05

Thenderbird is currently the tops of the alternatives out there

jack 08:43 06 Dec 05

Thunderbird is currently the tops of the alternatives out there -in conjuction with Firefox of course

wee eddie 11:55 06 Dec 05

Hotmail, Yahoo, Google Mail, (I nearly said G-Mail!), and probably half a dozen others.

Cabochon 12:05 06 Dec 05

Tnanks for that, will give them a try...

was thinking offline email and news. Outlook express doesn`t allow deleting messages without opening them, (or at least I can`t see a way, and I just don`t like it.
Got spoilt by being with `Demon` for a while, and using their Turnpike which I got to know how to use. Don`t think you can use Turnpike without being with Demon, or I`d get that since I know it.

wee eddie 12:40 06 Dec 05

Turn off the Preview Pane

I use Outlook so cant tell you exactly but!

Click View > Preview Pane.

PaulB2005 12:46 06 Dec 05

wee eddie - "Hotmail, Yahoo, Google Mail"

Except none of those are e-mail programs (or "clients" as they are called)

-

Outlook Express

View menu, layout, Uncheck Show Preview Pane. this switches off the Preview Pane. Now double click a message to open. Single click and hit delete to delete.

WARNING - If you open a message and then use the Delete button in the message it will automatically open th next message.

Belatucadrus 01:57 07 Dec 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…